Below are some points on how you can maximize barter for your business!
1. Identify where you are spending cash on for your business or personally. Use a barter exchange network to offset those cash expenses. Some thoughts on regular occurring business expenses that you can now get on barter include:
Business card/brochure printing
Search engine optimization services
Social media management services
Staff rewards – restaurant, spa, golf
Business workshops – business plan writing, sales, social media, etc.
And much more…
2. You are in control of how many members you work with through a barter exchange network. For example, if you only wanted to take on 2 customers per month for residential cleaning – that’s fine. With the 2 customers gained, this may lead to word of mouth cash referrals if they are happy with your services. The 2 customers gained also earns you barter income which you can then use to purchase products or services you otherwise would’ve spent cash on.
3. When you buy items on barter, you are now buying items at your own cost of goods!
4. By reducing your overhead expenses with barter, you can increase your profitability.
5. If you are looking to expand your network in Calgary, you can join CIBN – www.cibn.ca or the Referral Exchange Network – www.rencalgary.com on 100% barter. Club memberships accepted on barter.
With falling oil prices and the uncertainty of the economy for 2015, barter allows for you to generate continuous sales through a captive business audience. Further to that, instead of holding off on business purchases because of a lack of cashflow, barter allows you to still buy things required for your business to succeed.
Get the practical "how-to" advice you need to succeed with barter, right to your inbox.